Hi! I’m Shelley Hitz, the lettering and watercolor artist behind Your Creative Adventure.
Growing up, I never saw myself as artistic or creative. Therefore, my art journey didn’t begin until I was 41 years old. Some might call me an “accidental artist,” but I know that becoming an artist was definitely NOT an accident.
I’m also the author of over 40 books and in 2016, while writing my book, Broken Crayons Still Color, I was looking for an artist to create coloring pages for the book. However, I sensed God saying to me, “you do it.” This led me to design and illustrate seven hand-drawn coloring pages. In the process, I stumbled upon the art of brush lettering. I have been hooked ever since and now create art on a daily basis in my art studio in my home.
It’s truly been an amazing journey.
When I first started, the repetitive strokes of brush lettering gave me such peace and the relaxation I desperately needed. As a type-A, “get it done” person, art has become the self-care I didn’t even know I needed.
I create art because it brings me so much joy and I love to encourage and inspire others. As a communicator and writer, lettering is a natural fit for me.
Since the beginning of my art journey, I have combined lettering with watercolor. There is something magical about painting with watercolor and watching the colors blend. I love it!
Creating art and teaching art classes as a career is something I never thought I’d be doing. However, it is so rewarding and something I plan to do for the rest of my life. And now I’m mentoring other artists on how to do the same.
Because I discovered my artistic gifts later in life, I am passionate about helping others cultivate their creativity. I truly believe every person, including YOU, is creative and I invite you to join me in this fun creative adventure!
Whether you are looking for special artwork for your home, want to explore your creativity through my classes and workshops, or grow your own art business you’re in the right place! I have taught art classes to over 10,000 students and would love to help you explore your creative gift.
Let’s Create Together!
Are you ready to learn the art of lettering and watercolor, the easy way? I know what it’s like to be a beginner. And I know what it’s like to battle the inner critic. The fear, self-doubt, and comparison.
But along the way, I have also learned to embrace the artist in me and have re-discovered the joy of creating art.
Art can help you:
- Relax and have fun. It’s been an amazing form of self-care for me.
- Discover the power of color. Creating art can bring you so much joy.
- Create beautiful pieces of artwork you can display in your home or give as gifts.
- And so much more!
I’m passionate about teaching others and love seeing each of you have the courage to embrace your creativity and choose to create art.
In my classes, I will take you step-by-step through the learning process and cheer you on in this beautiful journey of creativity and color. Plus, we will have a lot of fun!
Learn Lettering the Easy Way
Take my Faux Calligraphy class for free here: https://yourcreativeadventure.com/free/
- Find artwork for your home or office or to give as a gift here: https://yourcreativeadventure.com/shop
- Take my premium courses to grow your art business here: https://yourcreativeadventure.com/classes/
- Want some DAILY inspiration? Make sure to follow me on Instagram for mini-tutorials and inspiration here: https://www.instagram.com/yourcreativeadventure/. You can also find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/yourcreativeadventure/
- Also, get access now to my free “Your Creative Adventure” Insiders’ Facebook group with tons of freebies and fun here: https://yourcreativeadventure.com/free/
I’m so excited you are here and I cannot wait to see what you create 🙂